GGI Member S4B welcomed over 60 delegates coming from Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia to the first Italian Business Summit which took place from 11-13 October 2013 in Rome. Venues of the event were the Radisson Blu Hotel, the S4B headquarters and the Villa Celimontana, all located in the eternal city. During the conference the speakers provided the audience with interesting information regarding business opportunities to be exploited in Italy, as well as tax and legal information on the Italian market. Thanks to the effort of the Host firm, an optional guided tour to the Supreme Court (Corte di Cassazione) could be arranged. The tour took place on Friday morning and was attended by some 20 delegates, who could visit the majestic Palace of Justice, seat of the Supreme Court, and attend a lecture about the Italian law system delivered by Dr. Giorgio Santacroce, First President of the Supreme Court and one of the highest officers of the State. The conference programme started on Friday afternoon with different Practice Group meeting (International taxation, International Dispute Resolution, Business Development & Marketing and Governmental Affairs & Public Procurement) carried out at the S4B Headquarters and attended by over 60 delegates. The evening featured a welcome cocktail at the Radisson Blu Hotel Terrace, an elegant venue offering a night view of the city. The day’s official programme then proceeded with a dinner on board of the Baja Restaurant. The venue offered typical Roman food and a dancing session few steps away from the Tevere river. The conference session on Saturday was held at Villa Celimontana, a 16th century villa located in the heart of Rome and well known for the wide and renomated gardens. The delegates were welcomed by GGI President and Founder, Claudio G. Cocca. Keynote speaker for this event was Dr. Mario Segni. Dr. Segni is an Italian politician and has covered many positions in the Italian political life since the 1970s also holding key roles in the organization of public referendums. Several presentations were then delivered by delegates of GGI Italian member firms: Alessandro Ricci, from S4B, delivered a presentation about E-learning: a sound resource for professionals. Dr. Sergio Finulli and Dr. Simona Cucchi (Comma 10) explained the Merger and Acquisition opportunities in Italy providing the audience with some interesting examples. Furthermore Dr. Raffaello Lombardi (Iter Audit) and Dr. Ugo Girardi (S4B) explained a new way to invest in Italy through AIM: Alternative Investment Market, a financial market instituted to welcome the PMI (small and medium size enterprises). Lastly Dr. Chiara Mingiardi, Italian notary public, together with Dr. Ugo Girardi and Avv. Patrizia Giannini, held a panel session regarding how to invest in Italy, explaining the pros and cons and clearing out the bureaucracy behind founding a company in this country. The afternoon programme featured a tour at the Roman Forum (Foro Romano), heart of the ancient Roman public life. The Roman Forum is a rectangular forum (plaza) surrounded by the ruins of several important ancient government buildings at the centre of the city of Rome, few minutes away from the Colosseum. It was for centuries the centre of Roman public life and the site of triumphal processions and elections. The guided tour included notions about the public and political life in the city, showing the most important locations. The Saturday’s programme ended with a dinner at a typical Roman restaurant, Da Robertino located in the center of Rome and surrounded by the city’s night life. All the delegates were also invited to the “WalkFastThroughThePast”, an optional tour held on Sunday morning. This “team-building-experience” consisting in a 2 hour fast-walk through the streets of Ancient Rome was attended by many of the delegates who could enjoy the main sites and all the beauty of this city.
- US AND EU FREE TRADE AGREEMENT – Laszlo Tunyogi Dr.
- GGI as a Shareholder of the future of Europe – Laszlo Tunyogi Dr.
- OPPORTUNITIES IN VARIOUS BUSINESS SECTORS – Dott. Federico Grossi
- WFTTP 2013
- M&A opportunities within the distressed economy: Italy 2013 Dott.ssa Simona Cucchi, Dott. Sergio Finulli
- THE ORGANISATION OF CIVIL JUSTICE IN ITALY – Att. Silvia Giannini
- Invitation Letter IBS 2013
- IBS 2013 FRIDAY, 11 OCTOBER 2013 S4B HEAD OFFICE – PRACTICE GROUP MEETING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING – Agenda
- IBS 2013 FRIDAY, 11 OCTOBER 2013 S4B HEAD OFFICE – PRACTICE GROUP MEETING GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS & PUBLIC PROCUREMENTS – Agenda
- IBS 2013 FRIDAY, 11 OCTOBER 2013 S4B HEAD OFFICE – PRACTICE GROUP MEETING INTERNATIONAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION – Agenda
- IBS 2013 FRIDAY, 11 OCTOBER 2013 S4B HEAD OFFICE – PRACTICE GROUP MEETING INTERNATIONAL TAXATION – Agenda
- CONTINGENCY FEE AGREEMENTS – Att. Arlene Rochlin
- IBS 2013 – Folder
- Foreign Investments in the High Tech Sector in Italy: Case Study, Erzelli Technology Park, Genoa – Dott. Clemente Bianco – Avv. Elio Sbisa
- AIM – Opportunies and perspectives of small cap companies in Italian Stock Exchange’s Market – Dott. Ugo Girardi – Dott Raffaello Lombardi